Tuesday, July 29, 2008

all the happenings...

So lately Caleb and I have been really busy! And I don't have any pictures since I can't find my camera...oh well my stories will have to suffice.

Earlier this month we enjoyed a beach week with my immediate and extended family at Emerald Isle. It was so great to spend time with everyone! I'm so thankful for the time we had with family and that we have a place to get together! And of course going to the beach is always great!

I had a show at the Designer's Downtown Market a couple of weekends ago and it was fabulous! They put me in a great location 1. next to all the food that people were buying and 2. on the corner facing the street so I had more exposure. I couldn't have pulled it off without C and my parents--thank you!! And a shout out to Ashlee who let me know about the show in the first place. I wish I had pictures to post, but I don't have any right now. I hope to do the show again since they have it every other month. I also got an offer to do whole sale at a boutique so hopefully something will come of that also....

Later that same day I went to Caroline's bachelorette shower! We started out the evening at 518 West (and might I add that our waiter had never seen any ladies more fine as well as the people peeking at us from the window...) After dinner we headed back to Ash's house to open gifts and such. Flora made an appearance and fun was had by all. Ashlee did an amazing job hosting!!

On Saturday, Caleb and I had brunch with my parents, brother and his family, and my uncle and his family at Big Ed's. This place is always special to us because it has such a history and Caleb took me there on the day he proposed. We had a great time catching up with everyone.

Later that day, we had a surprise-- right after pumping gas, my car wouldn't turn back on! Caleb figured out it was a dead battery and my Dad helped us out (thanks again!!) by jumping the Jeep. We had to buy a new battery and the worker told us that the previous owner had installed a sub-standard battery! It was so funny to me because she was so shocked that I had been running around with this battery for so long. Needless to say, the timing of the whole thing was perfect if it was bound to happen that I would need a new battery- I had a full tank of gas to get wherever I needed to go, Caleb was already with me to figure it all out, my Dad was free to help jump the Jeep since it was a Saturday, and the weather was great! So we're both very thankful it wasn't anything major and everything worked out OK.

This weekend our friends Caroline and Zak are getting married at the Washington Duke Inn! Caroline and I went to Meredith together and also were housemates for 3 years. She was in our wedding and I'm thrilled to be a bridesmaid in hers this weekend. This past Sunday we had such a great time hanging out and putting the programs together. I hope I can get some pictures from the weekend to share!
Caleb is starting a new job in Raleigh on Monday and we are super excited about it! I will post more on that at a later date.


Ok, that's all for now...I'm sure I've forgotten some things that have happened this MONTH. Wow, I can't believe August is so close and that I haven't posted anything is so long!

No comments: