Thursday, August 4, 2011

First Flowers for Mommy

It had been a long morning taking care of Henry and when Caleb came home for lunch he could tell I needed some love. I asked if he could pick up some last minute groceries I needed and he offered to take Henry along so I could have a much needed break. When they came back, this is who I saw coming through the front door with one flower in each hand.

All the stress melted away. I instantly felt like a very special Mommy (and wife)!

I put Henry's little flower stems in my Mommy Pot. This was made by a special friend, Helen, and given to me while I was pregnant with Henry. It had been sitting on my window sill since then patiently waiting to be filled with the first flowers from my son. Next to the pot is the stained glass sailboat that always sat on my Grandmother's window sill in her kitchen.

No comments: