Friday, September 9, 2011

17 Months

Henry, today you are 17 months old!

You can climb right up on our sofa and sit with us. You love to cuddle for a bit and then you're ready to lunge yourself off the side to reach your toys or forget that you're supposed to get off the sofa backwards, but there are also times that you do remember. In addition to enjoying a new place to sit, the sofa has also become the place where you pile up all your books and trucks to play with them. I'm always moving it all around to find a place to sit. You rarely stop these days and really enjoy running nonstop and climbing.

If we ask you to 'give kisses' you will give a kiss and it's precious! Melts my heart every time. You also hold up your Daddy's phone to your face and talk. You still love anything with wheels, the alphabet, books, dancing and music, and Super Why. You and Rouge are still the best of friends and you love to chase her/be chased and laugh! You have always loved songs, especially songs with motions. When I sing Itsy Bitsy Spider you put your arms up for 'down came the rain' and put your hands together for the spider.

You consistently do your version of praying (eyes open, head bowed, and a string of babbling) right after you see us pray before meals or bedtime. It's so sweet! I pray that your heart grows for the Lord and that one day you will join us in real prayer to God.

You've started sleeping a little bit more now that you're on the go all the time. Some days you will sleep in until 7 or on a rare day 8 in the morning!! I have felt so spoiled with a little bit of time to myself before you wake up. Your naps (if you take two that day) are 30-45 minutes each or some days you just take one longer nap midday of a little over an hour.

You are a joy to be around, Henry. I love starting and ending each day with you (and of course the in between!) You're my little man and I can't imagine life without you. Your Daddy and I love you so much, Henry. Happy 17 months!

No comments: