Saturday, April 17, 2010

Peaceful

The first time I saw Henry he had his bright eyes open ready to see the world before him. The doctor held him up over the blue curtain and Caleb and I were instantly in love. He was immediately taken to another room (with his Daddy close behind) to get all cleaned up. I'm so thankful for these pictures because it was a part of Henry's first moments that I didn't get to experience in person. After I was ready to join Henry and Caleb in recovery, they wheeled me in right next to where Henry was getting his first check up. Caleb was able to stand right next to him and capture these pictures. He definitely let out some good cries in the operating room, but one thing I distinctly remember about Henry was how peaceful and laid back he was during this time of poking and prodding. He made some of the sweetest cooing sounds and just let the nurse do what she needed to without much protest. He's been laid back from the start and a very sweet baby.

We are so thankful for the doctors and nurses that took such good care of all of us during our stay at Rex and for the safe delivery of our son after 26 hours of labor and an unplanned cesarean section. God is SO good and has a perfect plan.

n





No comments: