Each day you are doing something quicker and better than the day before! You are BUSY. You are finding ways to get to the toy that you want. You will wiggle around on your tummy, scoot yourself backwards, pull it towards you, roll over to get the toy, and basically move your body any way you can to get what you have your eye on! We love your determination to reach a goal.
Lately whenever I set you down to play and leave the room or turn my back you're already in a different spot! Sometimes I can't even figure how you got there!
At your 6 month well check up you weighed 20lbs., 11 ounces (>90%), 28 1/4" tall (95%), and your head circumference is 18" (>90%). Your weight to height ratio is 75% so you are a growing boy!
You are still a sweet and happy baby! You give smiles to everyone and rarely cry unless you need something or are really tired. You have a great, laid back disposition. What an answer to prayer!
You still sleep very well. Usually between 8-11 hours straight, take a morning nap, and continue cat napping 4 more times throughout the day. Its usually easy to put you down for a nap unless you're having on off day. There was a period of time (2 weeks) where you would wake up randomly and cry, but we think you are through with that for the most part. Mommy and Daddy are glad you're over that phase!
You also went through another phase two weeks ago that seems to have recently ended. You would scream at the top of your lungs out of excitement! From the very beginning I knew it was because you had just discovered that you could yell. And I don't blame you for wanting to make some noise! Thankfully though you're not doing that all. the. time. anymore! You've mellowed down again. :)
You are enjoying eating solids. So far you've had sweet potatoes, green peas, apples, bananas, carrots, pears, prunes, squash, and pears & apples with cinnamon. You're an easy eater and have done well with all of those thankfully. I make all your baby food myself right here at home (just like your Grandmother did for your Mommy) out of organic ingredients. I've been doing this for over a month now and love it! I'm excited to move onto combining more foods for you and trying new ones.
You can sit up on your own. You are getting better and better at this each day! You can roll all over the place now. Yesterday I caught you lifting your tummy and hips off the ground. That was exciting! I can see you figuring out how to get your body just the right way so you can start crawling one day.
You still favor your links the most. You have added a stegosaurus to your list of toys that you love the most. You are a fanatic for books! You love to be read to and take in all the pictures. You spend a lot of time studying each page before turning it. You love to be sung to. Your favorite song is still 'How Much is That Doggie in the Window?'
Many people have always commented to us at how alert you are (starting as a newborn). You really soak in as much of a room as you can. You are always looking around and turning to see what's behind, in front of, above, and below you and always have your neck strained as far as it will go to find out more about anything. If that doesn't sound like a curious, little boy I don't know what does! I can already tell you are very interested in how things work and where different sounds, etc. are coming from.
You laugh a lot more these days at all sorts of funny sounds, Rouge (whom you cannot get enough of these days), and raspberries. Oh yes, you really think its funny to grab a handful of Mommy's hair and mess it up....you will laugh and laugh...:)
We really just can't believe you're 6 months old already! This month really feels like such a milestone to us. You are a wonderful, beautiful, pleasant, loving baby boy and we love you SO much!! Happy Six Months!!!




1 comment:
And I still haven't met him!
Post a Comment