Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Seven months!

Henry, today you are 7 months old! You are growing up!


You are such a happy baby. Everywhere we go people will smile at you and wave and come talk to you. You soak it all up. You have the biggest grin and I love it. When I was pregnant with you I always dreamed someday you would have your Daddy's smile because I thought that would be so sweet and I think you do!

You have started riding in the front of the shopping cart using your shopping cart cover and you do well up there. You crack me up all the time because you are not content to just look straight ahead at the toys in front of you. Oh no. You want to know what is coming up next, what's above your little head, beside you, who's passing you, etc. A lot of times I will look down at you and you have turned around with your little eyes peering around the cart looking at the people shopping near us. And it melts my heart when you smile at anything (light, fellow customer, stuff on the shelf) we pass by most of the time the person you're smiling at never sees you, but I see your sweet spirit shining through. And I love you even more!


You are rocking back and forth on all fours and figuring out how to get your body just right to crawl one day. You love the momentum you can get when you're rocking. You will move yourself around in a big circle to explore. I can see you trying to figure out how to move your arms and slide your knees in sync. Its so neat to get to watch you learning something new every day.


You love your walker and can push yourself around in it some. Although most of the time you're more fascinated with everything else going on around you. One day I know you'll be scooting around in it though!


You are so observant. You are always studying your surroundings very intently and you will occupy yourself very easily just looking all around you. We are always hearing from others how alert and focused you are.




You enjoy going to our church's nursery and playing with the volunteers and other babies. Your Daddy and I enjoy getting to pick you up! But we are very comforted that when we leave you in the nursery that you are with your church family and we know you are safe there. I can already tell you, Henry, that we will live vicariously through anything you do in Sunday School or preschool one day. :)




You have three teeth still coming in on the bottom gum. You have slept decently through the night despite the teething, but your sleep is definitely interrupted because of it depending on which night we're talking about! We're thankful you can soothe yourself back to sleep after one of us goes back in to give you your paci though (usually!).




You still love your links the best. Every time I bring them out your arms reach for them, your eyes get big, and your mouth opens wide because you're so excited! You grab them as fast as you can. :) You like "How Much is that Doggie in the Window" still and "I Love You a Bushel and a Peck" when I sing them. I've noticed I can get you to laugh easier than you used to. You and I have a lot of fun laughing together. You think it's funny when I startle you with a funny sound. You love it when we 'get your sugar' and you will laugh.



You think Rouge is hilarious. Every day you will watch her and smile and laugh at her. You think it's funny when she plays fetch and you will study her every move. A couple of times you've gotten to her rawhide or toy and started gnawing on that...yuck. :)



You are a true joy in our lives, Henry. No one could ever replace you. You are so special and loved and we tell you that every day. Our greatest prayer is that you will know Jesus one day. We love you. Happy 7 months!!!!

No comments: