I love making your food, Henry. As your Daddy knows its a labor of love, but I'm happy to do it. I love providing for you in this way. I love seeing you enjoy what I fix up! Your first food was
sweet potatoes which you loved, but I also wanted to document this whole process. So far I've made you (in no particular order) sweet potatoes, yellow squash, butternut squash, green peas, green beans, mangoes, avocados, carrots, corn, apple, pear, bananas, and prunes. You also like banana baby yogurt, but I don't make that. Next for you to try is papaya. Yum! I took these pictures a couple of months in mid-September and since then I've made some changes to the process (using a manual food mill instead of blender and steaming some foods in steamer bags), but its basically still the same.
Here are green peas. First, I steam the food.
Next, I puree it. I used to use a blender, but with some chunkier foods I'd find some bigger pieces that I had missed when it came time to feed you...so now I use a manual food mill instead.

Then, it goes into ice cube trays in the freezer overnight.

The next day I label the freezer bag and put the cubes in there and store it in the freezer for up to six weeks.

Normally, Henry has a bib on when eating, but I just couldn't pass up this photo op of a time when he wasn't wearing it. Love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment