Thursday, February 10, 2011

Four Years Ago...

...At this time, I was on my way to an unknown location (to me) thinking this could be "the time". The time that my then boyfriend would get down on one knee and ask me to be his bride. Unbeknown to me this was the night. Here's the rest of the story. Before there was ever a Rouge or a house or a Henry there was us. Just us two.

I think about those days sometimes and remember the simplicity and innocence of them. I walked through the front door this evening and see that my sweet husband had remembered that 'four years ago today...' and I see that he has (in the midst of a crazy work week- I mean what week isn't a crazy work week for him?) called days ahead and adjusted his work schedule to drive 30 minutes plus each way to bring home the exact same meal from Angus Barn we enjoyed that wonderful evening. That my friends is romance and God's sweet provision of a great husband for me.


A few things were different than that evening this time around (the obvious of course- dog, house, child, excuse me a crazy dog who won't stop running circles around me as I type this), the fact I don't have on a cute dress or a manicure, and another thing is different this time around- our love. Yes I knew I loved him that day, but I had NO IDEA how much I'd love him today. We've grown so much closer since then so close that I don't even recognize the love we had then because today's love is deeper. Its the kind of love where you know you've lived and you can't imagine life before. I can't wait to see what kind of love we have in another 4 years, better yet in another 40 years.

I love you, honey.

No comments: