Friday, October 14, 2011

State Fair

This was Henry's second trip to the State Fair and he LOVED it. I have such great childhood memories of visiting the Fair every year and hearing the fireworks every night for the 10 or so days the Fair was in my hometown. Nothing much changes from year to year and I like it that way.


Caleb at the Turkey Shoot.

Dancing to the music from the rides!

This year, Henry rode his first Fair ride with Caleb because he was tall enough to ride some of the rides. It was the Jalopy Junction and I totally cried! It just hit me all of a sudden that this was happening. I wasn't bawling, but I was glad I was wearing sunglasses at the time so I didn't look like the weeping mother at the Fair. He rode the Jalopy Junction so many times! He also enjoyed the carousel, a train ride, and a flying helicopter ride.












On the carousel, I thought he was getting sick because every time he passed me he looked very solemn, but Caleb said on the other side the wind would blow in their faces and he would laugh so he must have enjoyed it! :)








We visited the animals (more on that later...) and, Caleb did his annual Turkey Shoot, strolled through the exhibits, gardens, and enjoyed our favorite Fair food. It was a great visit!

No comments: