*UPDATE: I remember when reading the reviews that some people used ricotta cheese in substitute of the cottage cheese so I thought I'd pass that along to y'all. Also this dish is even better as leftovers! :)
I made the one of the best (in my husband's humble opinion) baked spaghetti dishes last night for a late dinner and wanted to share the yummy recipe! I will admit its not from any fancy cookbook I simply googled "easy baked spaghetti recipe" and this is what I found. :)
Baked Spaghetti
www.allrecipes.com
PREP TIME 25 Min
COOK TIME 1 Hr
READY IN 1 Hr 25 Min
Yields 8 servings
INGREDIENTS
* 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
* 1 pound ground beef
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1 (26 ounce) jar meatless spaghetti sauce
* 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
* 2 eggs
* 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 5 tablespoons butter, melted
* 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
* 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
DIRECTIONS
1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
3. Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
**I didn't include meat because I wanted a lighter taste, but I'm sure it's great with it! I also used a cookie sheet underneath the casserole dish to catch any spills since I used a smaller dish and that helped a lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
It was one of the best! Can't wait to have it for leftovers!
I make somethign similar but it's in a pie plate (called spaghetti pie) and you serve in wedges. But this sounds awesome too! Will have to try it out.
Post a Comment