Monday, March 29, 2010

38 weeks!

How far along? 38 weeks, 5 days

Total weight gain: 33.08 lbs.

Maternity clothes? Yes

Stretch marks? A few.

Sleep: It feels like all I do is get up and down throughout the night...but I have had some nights that I've been able to sleep through. I've also consistently been waking up at 5am and have a hard time getting back to sleep. I think all this irregularity is partly due to feeling like we're always on "high alert" as Henry could come any day.

Best moment this week: Would definitely have to say getting the first pedicure of the season. Oh, it was heavenly! I even got an extra long foot massage from my lady and I soaked up every moment of it. Yesterday, Caleb and I started talking about the things we're looking forward to after Henry's birth. We talked about all the usual things new parents would mention, but one comment from Caleb simply made me laugh. He is looking forward to when I don't have to walk so slow. Thanks, honey... :)

Worst moment this week: Feeling like every stranger I walk by stares at my tummy--its the strangest thing. Caleb says its because I'm carrying him very well and I know a lot of people have told me that its just an odd feeling when you walk into Target and every stranger's eyes are on you!

Movement: All the time! We've been able to feel what we think is a knee or a foot sticking out several times on my side. When he's really active, I've also been able to gently push at his head and feel his bottom move up on the other side of my tummy. He occasionally has hiccups, but not too often.

Food cravings: Ice, sushi, chocolate, turkey, and milk.

Labor Signs: Henry is still head down. They checked me at our appointment this afternoon and I am 1.5 cm dilated and 60% effaced! Its a start! Of course I could stay this way for either days or weeks-its just a waiting game at this point. But I'm thankful to know we're making some progress! Henry's heartrate is a steady and healthy 150 and my tummy is measuring right on time at 38 cm. The doctor was very impressed that I've had very minimal swelling that doesn't stick around long, low blood pressure, and a healthy amount of weight gain. She was also impressed with how spry I still am, which was nice to hear when you feel like you can't move like you used to!

Belly Button in or out? In, but way flatter than the last week.

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Milestones: Down to a few items still left to do on our lists! We're both walking around these days trying to constantly keep all our 'ducks in a row' just in case he comes sooner rather than later. Its so strange to prepare for something when you have no idea when it will come. :)

Looking forward to next week: Celebrating the resurrection of our Savior!!

No comments: