Friday, February 12, 2010

32 week appointment

Wow, we are one grateful little family I can tell you that! We had another successful doctors appointment yesterday morning. All my "stats" are still healthy and looking good and Henry's heartbeat is still very strong and healthy. He's measuring a little larger than average, only by a little centimeter or two, so the doctor wasn't concerned since he's been measuring a tad larger for the whole pregnancy. She also felt around and determined again that he is indeed head down and she was talking through this and said "Oh, there's his little butt.." and I respond, "NO WAY!! Where is it??" I was so excited, can you tell? She directs me to where it is and says, "Do you feel that knot? That's his bottom!" I felt around and thought I may have felt something but I wasn't entirely sure. I was just so excited to know a little more about this boy inside of me! I never thought I'd be so excited about a little bottom, but in true new mom fashion I'm totally thrilled! Praise God for our little boy! :)

I also went through some of my questions (intense back pain, craving ice, etc.) with the doctor and what we got out of it is that "this is just the way it is right now" but she did give us some good tips. I"m honestly ok with the fact that "this is how it is" for this season of my life. It will pass all too quickly and Caleb and I definitely know that!

In other news...we're getting ready to enjoy our last Valentine's Day pre-kid (but who am I kidding? He's with me wherever I go, haha!) Caleb's been planning all week long, as have I, but it will be a surprise to one another come Sunday! I do know that he got us tickets for the movie Valentine's Day but, because my husband knows me well, the tickets are for tonight since I always like to see a new movie on its opening day. Kind of like when you open a fresh toothbrush out of its package-its clean, the bristles are crisp, and its ready for you to use. That's how I like my movies! SO...all that to say...we are so thankful for Henry's good health report and looking forward to a fun Valentine filled weekend! :)

No comments: